Posted September 13, 2017
The Housekeeping Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates work activities of the Housekeeping staff in hotel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys and beepers to assigned staff.
- Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets.
- Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist.
- Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Mark dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure
- Room Attendant's have changed bed sheets.
- Counsel Room Attendants on any discrepancies.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists.
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk.
- Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager.
- Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Six months to one year related supervisory experience.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
84 Room Hotel
Convenience, Comfort and Compatibility-three words that have long described the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Whether a family coming to Spokane for fun or the businessperson here for work, let us be your oasis away from home. With the hotel centrally located next to the Gonzaga University campus and across the street to both the Spokane Convention Center and the Eastern Washington and Washington State University extension campuses, we are just steps away from your convention or meeting. Start your morning with our complimentary hot deluxe breakfast. Enjoy a workout in our updated state of the art facility or indoor pool and spa. At the end of the day, enjoy a wide variety of dining options from one of the nine different restaurants within 2 blocks of the hotel or just relax in our bright, spacious guestrooms with pillow soft beds. We offer free wireless internet, free parking and a complimentary business center. Fairfield Inn & Suites is one of the leading hotel chains in the world.