Posted September 13, 2017
The Westin Virginia Beach Hotel is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team. Located in the heart of Town Center, the Westin is a 236 guest room hotel serving the upscale guest. The Westin Virginia Beach, a Starwood franchise, prides itself on creating a safe and challenging work environment that allows all employees to flourish. It is our pleasure to invite you to apply for the following position:
- Housekeeper - Utility/Dishwasher
The Utility position will complete special cleaning projects as assigned, following Hotel specifications and standards. This position will clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing/ Kitchen/ Cafeteria/ Compactor/ Storage areas. He/she will also assist in other stewarding functions as assigned.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies. Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals.
- Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
- Advise manager of any discrepancies.
- Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
- Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
- Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas. Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
- Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
- Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean
- Adhere to recycling regulations. Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
Education & Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent vocational training. Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position preferred.
Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
Ability to work with minimal supervison.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
236 Room Hotel
A unique and relaxing destination among Virginia Beach hotels
Experience a healthier, more invigorating way to travel at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center hotel, just 10 miles from the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
Whether you’re visiting Virginia Beach for business or leisure, everything we do is designed to help you feel your best, with a relaxed state of mind and a nourished, rejuvenated body. From our bright, beautifully-appointed lobby and heated indoor pool to our Heavenly® Bed, SuperFoodsRx™ cuisine and innovative WestinWORKOUT® rooms, every moment of your stay ensures that you leave feeling better than when you arrived.
Just outside the hotel, enjoy our prime location in the heart of the “Main Street” district, bustling with shops, restaurants and the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts entertainment venue.