Lunch Line Cook
Posted September 13, 2017
The Cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts for the hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This shift is normally 8am to 4pm but may vary.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties: a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies. b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. c) Check production schedule and pars. d) Establish priority items for the day. e) Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks. f) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Closing Duties: a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas. b) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away. c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas. d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves. e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations. f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize and organize; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
Experience with food preparation and handling.
Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship is preferred.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Newport News Marriott at City Center
256 Room Hotel
Experience the stylish Marriott Newport News, Virginia hotel located in trendy City Center, the heart of Newport News' business, shopping, and entertainment district. This modern hotel in Newport News, VA offers travelers the amenities of upscale entertainment, while being minutes away from Colonial Williamsburg, and a short drive from exciting area attractions. Overlooking the impressive City Center fountain, this striking Newport News, VA hotel fosters creativity in a relaxing environment making it the ideal location for business or leisure. Revitalize body and mind in contemporary and spacious Newport News City Center hotel accommodations providing high-speed Internet access and plush bedding for the ultimate indulgence. Ideal for any size or style event, Newport News, VA hotel event venues set the stage for grand military galas or intimate corporate gatherings. Escape from typical Newport News hotels and discover the distinctive style and inviting ambiance of the Newport News Marriott at City Center.