Posted October 12, 2017
The Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel located in San Francisco, CA (heart of world famous Fisherman's Wharf attraction) is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Office of this 285 room hotel. S/he will be responsible for all clerical, administrative, and other duties to assist the General Manager, Human Resources, Food & Beverage and Operations.
Duties will include, but limited to responding to or processing guest complaints, requests for computer assistance/usage, gift certificates inquiry and log, notary services, data entry, special project completion, file maintenance of confidential information, ordering office supplies and general assistance for all employee relations/Operations needs.
We are looking for someone who can work independently, able to handle confidential information, muti task on projects and do so in an organized, systematic function with attention to due dates for all different departments. Windows based programs such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook a must.
All potential employees, if offered a position at Crestline Hotels & Resorts will be subject to pre-screening methods such criminal background search, employment verification, social security number verification and pre-employment drug testing.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Maintaining confidential information obtained from General Manager/Executive office
2.Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
3. Answer telephone, direct calls, take and relay messages and return calls.
4. Attend meetings and take minutes as directed.
5. Input data into database as well as maintain databases for different departments.
6. Manage existing files and create new ones as needed.
7. Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
8. Maintain a central purchase order system for office supplies.
9. Respond to and follow up with any guest inquiries and/or issues on behalf of hotel. Handle complaints, question & special requests from hotel guests
10. Maintain adequate supplies for copy , fax and postage machines and coordinate repair services.
11. Familiarize new managers and administrative staff with executive office procedures and policies.
12. Coordinate overall gift certificate issuance.
13. Handle VIP room reservations as requested
14.Maintain files on Giveaway Requests and certificates donated or sold.
15.Open, date stamp and allocate all hotel mail to the appropriate departments for handling.
16. Order all business cards for management staff.
17. Assist all departments in creation of collateral for special promotional projects.
18. Maintain monthly update of management roster to include: individual, departmental and home telephone numbers.
19. Ensure that bulk ad business reply mail permits are current and that mass mailings are conducted in a cost effective manner.
20. Review all outgoing mail.
21. Order office supplies.
22. Attend meetings/training as required by management.
23. Perform other duties as requested from management including HR related administrative duties
Education & Experience:
• Experience in a hotel or related industry helpful.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be proficient in company-approved word processing and spreadsheet applications as evidenced by the ability to troubleshoot spreadsheets and basic PC problems.
*Background in Hospitality and/or Restaurant Operations a plus
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
*Must be able to sit in front of computer terminal for long periods of time and work with various office equipment including multi line phone system
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must routinely meet deadlines.
• Must be able to multi task.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
285 Room Hotel
For an exceptional stay, make your reservations at the San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf hotel near Pier 39, the Golden Gate Bridge, Ghirardelli Square, the North Beach District, the famous cable cars and other exciting attractions. Guests will delight in our San Francisco Fisherman Wharf hotel's chic, inviting lobby, decadent dining and 285 elegant guestrooms, complete with Marriott Revive® bed and hypo-allergenic down comforters. Just two miles from the Moscone Convention Center, our Fisherman's Wharf hotel in San Francisco features 7,000 square feet of conference and wedding space, beautiful views and local event planning experts. Whether you are in town for business or pleasure, our Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco hotel offers guests an unsurpassed locale in one of the world's great cities. Discover premier accommodations and a leader among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman's Wharf.