Convention Setup Crew
Posted September 18, 2019
Are you looking for a fast paced but fun job working in a great teamwork environment? If so, we encourage you to apply!
The Conference Setup Crew is responsible for the setup and breakdown of furniture and other conference materials within the conference rooms of a Conference Center.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shifts Vary but must be available by 6:30am weekdays, weekends & holidays. Must be able to work late, even on weekends.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people. b) Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms. c) All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings. d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment. e) All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures. f) All safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Return soiled linens/skirting to Laundry.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate/equivalent vocational training certificate or work equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Previous guest relations training.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Newport News Marriott at City Center
256 Room Hotel
Reimagine relaxation at our Newport News, Virginia hotel
Experience the perfect blend of style, sophistication and substance when you stay at Newport News Marriott at City Center.
Providing easy access to many popular attractions in the area including Hampton Coliseum and Christopher Newport University, our hotel is an ideal spot to explore Virginia from.
Before your eventful day, take care of any lingering work responsibilities using your room's ergonomic workstation and high-speed Wi-Fi. Rest up on our luxury bedding while browsing the options on our flat-panel TVs. When you get hungry, fuel up at our on-site restaurant, Kitchen 740, and enjoy creative appetizers and hearty entrees for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights so you can work up a sweat anytime. After a workout, take a refreshing dip in our indoor pool.
Whether you're meeting with potential clients or simply discovering what eastern Virginia has to offer, you'll be living luxuriously with a getaway to Newport News Marriott at City Center.