PM Bistro Attendant position requires both front-of-house and back-of-house skills and hospitality. The primary functions of the position are to provide unparralleled service to guests and to personally prepare and deliver delicious food and drink offerings. A successful Bistro Attendant is someone who strives to meet Marriott's high expectation of hospitality and quality of food.
Necessary skills include the following. Outgoing personality to keep guests engaged. Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Multitasking and prioritizing abilities to be able to meet all guests needs in a timely fashion. Proper food handling techniques, including proper temperature control, portioning, and sanitary food service. Sense of pride in one's work to ensure all responsible areas are kept clean and in good working order. Responsible cash handling experience is a must. Desire to create positive and memorable guest experiences daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be self-motivated to perform each essential duty to a high standard. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Ensure that coffee makers, bread drawers, toasters, and/or steam tables are turned on/off at appropriate times.
- Input orders into cash register and collect payment from the guest.
- Take orders, prepare food and beverage items, distribute pre-packaged and prepared food items, and deliver orders to tables as needed.
- Communicate additional food requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Bus and wipe down coffee cart areas and tables as customers leave seating area.
- Wash restaurant dishes and serving utensils as needed.
- Prepare and replenish displays to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and cold chain compliance across all food related departments.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager is product doesn’t meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare food.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains and doors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Set-up and break down work station with required tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control.
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables or prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Weigh, measure and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food throughout the day.
- Prepare cold foods, including salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures.
- Count bank at the end of your shift, complete cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts and secure bank.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Set up and organize cashier station with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials.
- Report work related accidents or other injuries immediately to a manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment and machines. Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended time period.
- This position also may be responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and take down of banquet areas according to function specifications.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations training.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center
139 Room Hotel
Stay at our hotel when visiting Charlottesville & UVA
You’ll love the downtown location and fresh, new look of the Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center. Our newly-renovated Charlottesville hotel is near the University of Virginia and the UVA Medical Center. We're also just minutes from John Paul Jones Arena, Monticello, and Scott Stadium, as well as the Monticello Wine Trail. Each room in our hotel features: - Free Wi-Fi - 32” flat-screen TVs - Refrigerators - Microwaves - Coffee Makers - Upscale bedding. - Suites and hospitality king rooms also offer a wet barOur hotel lobby boasts a meeting space, business library, and 52" GoBoard touch-screen TV. The Bistro offers delicious breakfasts and dinners, proudly serving beverages from Starbucks and our full bar. Eat. Drink. Connect. You can unwind in our heated indoor pool, whirlpool, and fitness room.