Front Desk Supervisor
Posted September 13, 2019
The Front Desk Supervisor supervises the operation of the front desk to maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and guest service as possible. He/She will accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
- Responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, plus all special requests for services or information, in accordance with SOP's.
- Assists in training of new associates and maintains constant training of agents as cashiers.
- Ensures all members of the staff are completely familiar with all hotel emergency procedures.
- Works with desk agents to balance at end of shift and ensures completion of shift checklist.
- Smiles and greets all guests immediately in a gracious and professional manner; handles all guest questions and problems within empowerment guidelines.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred, with at least one year experience at the front desk required.
- Customer service experience required.
Basic computer skills required.
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
160 Room Hotel
Explore Virginia Beach while staying at our oceanfront hotel
You’ll love the perfect boardwalk location of the NEWLY RENOVATED Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street. Our Virginia Beach, VA hotel is steps from the ocean, the boardwalk, and exciting events like the Neptune Festival. We’re also just minutes from the Convention Center and Oceana NAS. You can do it all at our hotel: Spend a day at the pool, with its cascading waters and swaying palms. Work out in the fitness room, or step outside for a run on the beach. Work or relax in our state-of-the-art lobby, with its inviting spaces and free Wi-Fi. Check our GoBoard for the latest news and information. Step into The Bistro for a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Eat. Drink. Connect. Or pick up a latte at our on-site Starbucks. After a full day, retreat to your balcony for the beautiful view. Planning an event? Our largest space can host up to 120. Few Virginia Beach hotels can match our attention to detail – or our oceanfront location!