Posted September 17, 2019
The Restaurant Server will take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according Hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. He/she will collect payments and assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
252 Room Conference Center
THE BEST EQUIPPED HOTEL IN MIDTOWN ATLANTA
Work smarter and stay relaxed at one of the best-equipped hotels in midtown Atlanta. The Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center is where innovative conferences thrive and business and sophistication meet. In the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant Technology Square retail neighborhood, the only hotel on the Georgia Tech campus offers the perfect blend of a world-class conference center with the style and convenience of a chic city center hotel. We’re just moments from the Georgia World Congress Center and premier attractions, shopping, dining and nightlife.
Fully wired for business and steps from the Georgia Tech academic and administration buildings and athletic facilities, our hotel is ideally positioned for Atlanta GA corporate travelers and visiting Georgia Tech families, alumni and friends.
CONTEMPORARY ACCOMMODATIONS IN MIDTOWN
Each of the 252 guest rooms and four suites at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center surrounds you in chic, contemporary style and tech-savvy convenience. All rooms feature a cool, contemporary décor, rich wood furnishings, bright pops of Georgia Tech yellows and blues and views of the Tech campus or Midtown Atlanta Skyline.
Sink into a plush bed layered with premium linens and watch your favorite show on a high-definition 49" flat-screen TV or just gaze out at Midtown Atlanta’s vibrant streetscape. Take care of business at the dedicated work area or check in with the office using our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.