The Cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts for the hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties: a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies. b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. c) Check production schedule and pars. d) Establish priority items for the day. e) Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks. f) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Closing Duties: a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas. b) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away. c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas. d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves. e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations. f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize and organize; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
Experience with food preparation and handling.
Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship is preferred.
- Weekend availability a MUST
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore & Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore
348 Room All Suite
Welcome to your home away from home near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore and Homewood Suites by Hilton – Baltimore, Harbor East
Our premium dual brand hotel offers 348 guest rooms including 165 suites, 2 dining outlets and superior amenities. Situated in the vibrant, upscale neighborhood of Harbor East, we have luxury shopping and the best Baltimore attractions right on our doorstep.
At Hilton Garden Inn we know that when you travel, you have important things to do. Whether interviewing for a new job, meeting an important customer, reconnecting with family, or taking a client out for a round of golf, having everything you need the night before is critical to being your best on your big day. And making sure you’re prepared is our main focus. When tomorrow’s a big day, stay HGI tonight.
Enjoy Baltimore’s charm and sophistication at the Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore hotel at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Ideal for long and short-term stays alike, with all - suites accommodations located in the heart of Baltimore’s most picturesque community, “Harbor East”. We are only 10 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Airport and I mile from the Baltimore Convention Center. Adjacent to the enticing neighborhood of Little Italy, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Orioles Park at Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium, the National Aquarium, Fells Point, and the countless shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor.