Posted September 17, 2019
The Banquet Setup Crew is responsible for the setup and breakdown of furniture and other conference materials within the conference rooms of the hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people. b) Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms. c) All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings. d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment. e) All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures. f) All safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Return soiled linens/skirting to Laundry.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate/equivalent vocational training certificate or work equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Previous guest relations training.
Courtyard Carolina Beach Oceanfront
144 Room Hotel
Uncover coastal charm at our oceanfront Carolina Beach hotel
Book your next vacation at North Carolina's only oceanfront Marriott. Our NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront resort offers convenient access to Kure Beach, NC Aquarium, Ft. Fisher historical site, NC Ferry-Southport, historic downtown Wilmington riverwalk and Wilmington International Airport (ILM). Our modern, oceanfront rooms and suites feature private balconies with the best oceanviews of the carolina coast. Looking for a venue to host your next special event...the Courtyard by Marriott at Carolina Beach Oceanfront is the ideal setting for your next wedding, meeting or celebratory event. Offering flexible meeting space and catering services for up to 300 guests, our oceanfront resort features both indoor and outdoor reception areas. Drop by The Bistro for breakfast, lunch (seasonal availability), or dinner or enjoy a specialty coffee from our on-site Starbucks. Enjoy our complimentary Wi-Fi or relax poolside with an island beverage at our tropical pool plaza.