Posted September 17, 2019
The ultimate mission of the hospitality Engineering will be to ensure our guests’ satisfaction by exceeding their expectations. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining the building, grounds and mechanical equipment with particular attention towards safety and security. In addition, the role is accountable for performing maintenance tasks on a daily basis that are critical to providing an exceptional stay to each and every guest.
Must have flexible availability.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Check work orders and night report for any assignment to be completed
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders. For example:
- Monitor and maintain all laundry and kitchen equipment
- Maintain guestrooms using rooms preventive maintenance program
- Change air-conditioning filters per the maintenance program
- Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, and adjust as necessary
- Change or repair locks as needed
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Perform guest requests as assigned
- Assist in all phases of repair work
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
- Ensure security of any assigned keys
- All other duties as assigned
- Clean and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate clearly (Speaking and writing)
- Ability to utilize basic technology including a smartphone and a computer
- Experience in maintenance or building trades preferred
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Newport News Marriott at City Center
256 Room Hotel
Reimagine relaxation at our Newport News, Virginia hotel
Experience the perfect blend of style, sophistication and substance when you stay at Newport News Marriott at City Center.
Providing easy access to many popular attractions in the area including Hampton Coliseum and Christopher Newport University, our hotel is an ideal spot to explore Virginia from.
Before your eventful day, take care of any lingering work responsibilities using your room's ergonomic workstation and high-speed Wi-Fi. Rest up on our luxury bedding while browsing the options on our flat-panel TVs. When you get hungry, fuel up at our on-site restaurant, Kitchen 740, and enjoy creative appetizers and hearty entrees for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights so you can work up a sweat anytime. After a workout, take a refreshing dip in our indoor pool.
Whether you're meeting with potential clients or simply discovering what eastern Virginia has to offer, you'll be living luxuriously with a getaway to Newport News Marriott at City Center.