Posted September 17, 2019
The Cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts for the hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties: a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies. b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. c) Check production schedule and pars. d) Establish priority items for the day. e) Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks. f) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Closing Duties: a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas. b) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away. c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas. d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves. e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations. f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize and organize; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Experience with food preparation and handling.
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship is preferred.
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
Courtyard Carolina Beach Oceanfront
144 Room Hotel
Uncover coastal charm at our oceanfront Carolina Beach hotel
Book your next vacation at North Carolina's only oceanfront Marriott. Our NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront resort offers convenient access to Kure Beach, NC Aquarium, Ft. Fisher historical site, NC Ferry-Southport, historic downtown Wilmington riverwalk and Wilmington International Airport (ILM). Our modern, oceanfront rooms and suites feature private balconies with the best oceanviews of the carolina coast. Looking for a venue to host your next special event...the Courtyard by Marriott at Carolina Beach Oceanfront is the ideal setting for your next wedding, meeting or celebratory event. Offering flexible meeting space and catering services for up to 300 guests, our oceanfront resort features both indoor and outdoor reception areas. Drop by The Bistro for breakfast, lunch (seasonal availability), or dinner or enjoy a specialty coffee from our on-site Starbucks. Enjoy our complimentary Wi-Fi or relax poolside with an island beverage at our tropical pool plaza.