Posted September 17, 2019
The Banquet Server is responsible for preparing for and serving guests during banquet functions in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation and warm hospitality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and understands the Banquet Event Order (BEO); completes setup according to the BEO.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Learns the menu for each function served and is able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Is standing in assigned station at least 15 minutes prior to function start time.
- Acknowledges and responds to all guests’ requests, advising supervisor if necessary.
- Keeps station neat and clean during service.
- Continuously patrols assigned station, refilling all drinks, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Ensures guest has everything they need.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break down procedures.
- Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assist Captain or Manager in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
- Assist the Captain or Manager in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Sets-up, tends and breaks down banquet bars, as assigned, according to standard policies and procedures.
- Follows cash and guest check procedures at all times.
- Return all excess food to the kitchen following all sanitation guidelines. No food or beverage is to be consumed by associates without prior approval from the Chef on duty.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, shaking and sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment and/or props, etc.
- Assists steward in keeping Banquet back hall, linen rack and storage areas neat, clean and organized.
- Learns and applies all procedures of proper service.
- Assist co-workers whenever needed.
- Remain up-to-date with hotel events and guests, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Maintains responsible alcohol service certification.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, to patrons during banquet events.
Coffee Break duties:
- Sets up, services, breaks down and cleans all break areas and coffee break carts.
- Presents each break attractively and completely; keeps each break clean throughout the day.
- Presents all breaks within the time parameters outlined on the BEO.
- Prepare all beverages correctly and according to conference center standards.
- Secure all beverage coolers and lockable storage at each shift’s end.
- Assist the set up staff if necessary.
- Employees are responsible for knowing and abiding by all Company, hotel, and departmental policies and procedures.Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous banquet server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
252 Room Conference Center
THE BEST EQUIPPED HOTEL IN MIDTOWN ATLANTA
Work smarter and stay relaxed at one of the best-equipped hotels in midtown Atlanta. The Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center is where innovative conferences thrive and business and sophistication meet. In the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant Technology Square retail neighborhood, the only hotel on the Georgia Tech campus offers the perfect blend of a world-class conference center with the style and convenience of a chic city center hotel. We’re just moments from the Georgia World Congress Center and premier attractions, shopping, dining and nightlife.
Fully wired for business and steps from the Georgia Tech academic and administration buildings and athletic facilities, our hotel is ideally positioned for Atlanta GA corporate travelers and visiting Georgia Tech families, alumni and friends.
CONTEMPORARY ACCOMMODATIONS IN MIDTOWN
Each of the 252 guest rooms and four suites at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center surrounds you in chic, contemporary style and tech-savvy convenience. All rooms feature a cool, contemporary décor, rich wood furnishings, bright pops of Georgia Tech yellows and blues and views of the Tech campus or Midtown Atlanta Skyline.
Sink into a plush bed layered with premium linens and watch your favorite show on a high-definition 49" flat-screen TV or just gaze out at Midtown Atlanta’s vibrant streetscape. Take care of business at the dedicated work area or check in with the office using our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.