The Room Service Server serves meals to guests in their rooms in a prompt and professional manner. He/She will take orders and serve food and beverages to hotel guests in their hotel rooms. The Room Service Server must have flexible availability and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.The Room Service Server must be flexible to work as a server, room service attendant, and concierge.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in Room Service Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparation method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations and room numbers/names.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Answer Room Service phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned: a) Check quality and amount of all Room Service stock and supplies using checklist. b) Fold/stack Room Service napkins. c) Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Room Service. d) Set tables and trays. e) Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). f) Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service. g) Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits, salads). h) Check cleanliness and condition of all equipment for use in Room Service area, rectify any deficiencies. i) Ensure all flowers and decorative items are fresh for guest use.
- Retrieve all food orders from kitchen and place on table/tray.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and place on table/tray in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Transport tables/trays from Room Service area to guest rooms, ensuring all standards of food presentation are maintained and that no spillage occurs.
- Enter the guest room and place the table/tray by following the established departmental procedures.
- Serve the food items and beverages to the guest.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Present check to guest for signature/payment.
- Adhere to all payment procedures established by Accounting.
- Set up and deliver amenities to designated rooms.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all service areas, guest rooms and guest corridors.
- Transport all tables/trays from guest rooms to Room Service area as assigned.
- Clean and reset tables/trays, maintaining sufficient supply in the Room Service area.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties: a) Properly store all reusable goods. b) Breakdown all goods. c) Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties. d) Restock items for next service. e) Remove all dirty linen; fold napkins. f) Marry and stock all condiments. g) Reset tables/trays.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned.
- AM -Set up and deliver door knob orders. PM -Collect door knob menus from guest rooms.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Newport News Marriott at City Center
256 Room Hotel
Reimagine relaxation at our Newport News, Virginia hotel
Experience the perfect blend of style, sophistication and substance when you stay at Newport News Marriott at City Center.
Providing easy access to many popular attractions in the area including Hampton Coliseum and Christopher Newport University, our hotel is an ideal spot to explore Virginia from.
Before your eventful day, take care of any lingering work responsibilities using your room's ergonomic workstation and high-speed Wi-Fi. Rest up on our luxury bedding while browsing the options on our flat-panel TVs. When you get hungry, fuel up at our on-site restaurant, Kitchen 740, and enjoy creative appetizers and hearty entrees for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights so you can work up a sweat anytime. After a workout, take a refreshing dip in our indoor pool.
Whether you're meeting with potential clients or simply discovering what eastern Virginia has to offer, you'll be living luxuriously with a getaway to Newport News Marriott at City Center.