Posted September 17, 2019
The Breakfast Attendant sets up the dining area for daily meals. Ensures side work is complete prior to meal service and prior to leaving for the day. Prepares deli items, salad bar, and other items as designated by supervisor, following approved recipes. Ensures food is of proper quality. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all work surface areas, food service areas, coolers, tables, counters, chairs, and floor. Follows the "clean as you go" policy at all times. Monitors associate food use and tallies meals consumed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) Hours of operation and proper table set -ups for the dining area. b) Expected number of meals to be served. c) Safety and sanitation requirements. d) Proper storage procedures. Complete opening duties as assigned: a) Check quality and amount of all breakfast stock and supplies using checklist. b) Requisition necessary supplies according to standard. c) Transport supplies and equipment to the dining area. d) Prepare and set up all condiments and non-alcoholic beverages. e) Stock designated supply of silverware, glassware, chinaware, utensils, tools and other equipment for service. f) Inspect cleanliness and condition of tables and service areas; rectify any deficiencies. g) Set tables. h) Set up and prepare the service line/areas. i)
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order and clean; rectify any deficiencies and report maintenance problems to the manager or purchaser. Receive food from Kitchen and place in designated holding areas at specified temperatures.
- Defrost food, clean and prepare produce as assigned.
- Maintain supply levels of stock, food and non-alcoholic beverages to designated amounts throughout scheduled hours of operation.
- Monitor and maintain the quality of all food and cleanliness on service lines.
- Anticipate usage levels and report food replenishment needs to the Kitchen on a timely basis.
- Obtain replacements for 86'd items as directed by the Kitchen.
- Greet and serve meals to Hotel employees.
- Remove soiled trays and wares from the dining tables and separate items at breakdown station.
- Wipe dining tables clean and replenish tabletop condiments throughout the shift.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Breakdown all goods.
- Return unused food to designated areas and store.
- Clean and sanitize service lines, beverage dispensing equipment and other equipment, following procedures.
- Restock stations for next meal period.
- Complete closing side duties as assigned.
- Clean and organize supply/storage closets.
- Report any equipment damages, safety hazards, maintenance problems and personnel problems to the Manager.
- Legibly document pertinent information in the log book.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
Education & Experience:
- Must have good understanding of the English language.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington, D.C. Downtown
175 Room All Suite
A home base in the heart of Washington, DC
Discover a home away from home right in the heart of northwest DC in Homewood Suites by Hilton® Washington. Located on Massachusetts Avenue, this extended stay hotel is close to many attractions including the White House, Smithsonian Institution museums, sport venues and the Washington Monument. Traveling in and around the city is simple when you stay at this Washington hotel, close to Ronald Reagan National Airport and Union Station, and just three blocks from the McPherson Square Metro station.
Stay as long as you like in our recently renovated (March, 2016) one-bedroom suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Enjoy all the comforts of home with a full kitchen with new modern granite, two flat-screen TVs and a DVD player. There are plenty of amenities for work or study with complimentary internet access, two phones with voicemail, and a useful workstation and unique artwork that represents Washington, DC landmarks.
Wake up every morning to a complimentary hot full breakfast, and enjoy complimentary evening social* Monday through Thursday in the cozy Homewood Lodge. Wind down after a busy day in our Washington, DC extended stay hotel's fitness center, featuring cardiovascular and strength training equipment. Take advantage of our event space to hold receptions, banquets and conferences for up to 50 guests. Catch up with work at the fully equipped business center, also featuring a complimentary printing service.