The Lounge Bartender will take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and light meals to guests, courteously and efficiently according to hotel specifications. He/she also will maintain stock/supplies and cleanliness of outlet and equipment.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties: a) Fold/stack cocktail napkins. b) Stock swizzle sticks, straws, matches c) Line cocktail trays. d) Stock glassware. e) Restock supply cabinet. f) Change date on credit card imprinter at opening shift. g) Prepare bowls of bar snacks; place on tables at p.m. h) Set up candles/centerpieces; place on tables at p.m.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Greet guests and take their orders (food and beverage), utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Input orders into system and ensure transmission is verified by Bartender/Kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute orders to respective personnel for preparation of order; follow call procedures at the Bar. Retrieve orders from designated areas and serve to guest's.
- Provide club service for designated beverages (if applicable).
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Remove soiled wares from tables to dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments through the Bartender/Cashier. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend courteous salutations when guests leave outlet an invite them to return.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guests depart.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests.
- Collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Complete closing side duties: a) Properly store all reusable goods. b) Remove snack bowls from tables. c) Remove all items from tables; place clean items in designated areas; wipe clean all surfaces of tables. d) Restock supply cabinet. e) Secure all storage areas.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Education & Experience:
Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. 2 year(s) experience as a Server or Barback. Must have good understanding of the English language. Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards. Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service. Certification in an alcohol awareness program. Certification in CPR. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system. Previous guest/customer relations training.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center
124 Room Conference Center
WELCOME TO THE STONEWALL
Originally opened in 1924, restored in 2005 and now reintroduced with a stylish renovation in 2018. Located in the center of Historic Downtown Staunton, we are conveniently located at the crossroads of I-81 & I-64. The Stonewall Jackson Hotel features an indoor heated pool, fitness center and a business center and showcases 8,500 square feet of meeting space with accommodations of up to 400. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, a romantic wedding locale or the perfect setting for a meeting or conference, it’s only a short drive to Staunton’s only full service hotel. Located within walking distance of a myriad of delightful galleries, fine antique stores, artisan shops, Mary Baldwin College, Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library, Frontier Culture Museum, the American Shakespeare Center and a variety of dining choices.
Nestled in Historic Downtown Staunton in the heart of the picturesque Shenandoah Valley, this 124-room hotel captures the spirit, history and charm of the old South. Originally built in 1924 and a member of Historic Hotels of America, this modern yet refined Virginia gem underwent a complete top to bottom renovation in 2005 and has been lovingly restored to it’s original grandeur. Staunton was recently named as one of the top 20 Small Towns in America by Smithsonian Magazine.
The area offers a number of wineries, the beautiful Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway and plenty of US history within driving distance. Staunton, VA is the Birthplace of Woodrow Wilson and is a scenic 45 minute drive from Thomas Jefferson’s estate Monticello and the
University of Virginia.