Are you a people person?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
If so, the DoubleTree by Hilton Baton Rouge is looking for you. The DoubleTree by Hilton Baton Rouge is looking for a friendly and engaging person to join their Food and Beverage team as a Restaurant Server. The Restaurant Server will take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according Hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. He/she will collect payments and assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
127 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge is convenient to LSU (Louisiana State University), downtown Baton Rouge, and riverfront entertainment and casinos. Located in the Baton Rouge city center at I-10 and College Drive, this hotel offers easy access to regional airports and Gulf Coast attractions.
Begin your visit with our signature DoubleTree warm chocolate chip cookie at our hotel near LSU. Continue to your guest room, where you’ll find luxurious bedding, a spacious work area and complimentary WiFi. After a good night’s sleep, start your day with our DoubleTree Breakfast buffet. Savor regional cuisine in a casual environment at our 4964 Restaurant. Share a glass of wine or cocktails with friends and colleagues at the full-service bar and lounge. If you’re in a hurry or want to eat in your room, pick up freshly prepared snacks, salads and sandwiches from our 24-hour Grab-n-Go shop. Work out in our fitness center, or refresh in our indoor pool and whirlpool.
Plan a meeting or special event in flexible space that accommodates up to 40 people. Keep in touch through the well-equipped business center and high-speed internet access. Let our experienced staff assist in making your event a success. Experience the history, culture and architecture of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, from our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge. In town to visit LSU? Look no further than our contemporary hotel near LSU. With hospitality as warm as the freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, our staff welcomes you to an exciting stay.