The Assistant Front Office Manager will assist coordination & execution of all activities and personnel within the front office departments at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to include: front desk, bell/door, PBX and Concierge. S/he will also act as Manager on Duty to assist and direct any guest needs including Valet and some Food and Beverage at this busy Fisherman's Wharf location.
At least 2 years of prior supervisory/management experience in the Front Office area; union experience a plus. Hotel systems knowledge a plus.
No relocation assistance available for this position
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory, Leadership & Mentoring role for Hotel's Front Office employees and the hotel in absence of Management
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Front Office department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) all hotel features and services b) all room types, rates, special package and promotions c) daily arrivals / departures / room availability d) scheduled in-house group activities
- Complete daily walk-through of Front Office department areas observing the following and instructing designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies: Staffing -numbers, appearance, attitude Operational cleanliness and maintenance Service -appearance, merchandising, attitude General crispness, quality and consistency of operation Storage areas -organization, cleanliness, inventories and care of equipment Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Monitor and handle guest comments.
- Monitor security of public areas of the hotel.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Provide training, development, professional discipline, and positive support for all department employees to ensure qualitative standards and growth, depth and development.
- Help monitor interviewing and selection of all departmental positions to ensure consistency in administering direction, development of quality, depth and growth, and maintenance of positive motivation, morale and efficiency.
- Create and maintain a quality, professional work environment.
- Help to Administer performance evaluations for all departmental employees.
- Anticipate guests and employees needs and respond promptly.
- Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting to review information pertinent today's business.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent plus 2 years of progressive experience in Rooms Division management.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel information systems is required (i.e PMS)
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
285 Room Hotel
Wind down in style at our Fisherman's Wharf hotel
Set your sights on a luxurious stay in the City by the Bay at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf. Providing easy access to many popular local attractions including Alcatraz Island and the famous Golden Gate Bridge, our upscale hotel allows you to experience the best of San Francisco in style. Plug in your personal devices to smart TVs offered in our newly renovated hotel rooms, or take care of your business obligations at ergonomic workstations. After getting a good night's sleep on our luxury bedding, head over to Red Fin Restaurant for a delicious and fresh breakfast, then return in the evening for dinner and cocktails at Red Fin Lounge. During your downtime, squeeze in a workout at our fitness center with state-of-the-art cardio equipment and free weights, then freshen up and hold a meeting in one of our 10 event rooms. Whether you're conducting business in downtown or simply exploring the city with family and friends, make lasting memories at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf.