Part Time/Flexible Servers Wanted! Red Fin Restaurant/Lounge is seeking a server who can work both PM shifts (starts at 5pm for 3-4 hrs) or AM breakfast shifts (starts at 6am either 3 or 6 hr shifts).
S/he will take orders, retrieve and serve beverages and meals to guests courteously and efficiently according to hotel outlet specifications.
Ideal server will have some basic bartending experience in case s/he has to cover bartender during meal breaks as well.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties: a) Fold/stack cocktail napkins. b) Stock swizzle sticks, straws, matches c) Line cocktail trays. d) Stock glassware. e) Restock supply cabinet. f) Change date on credit card imprinter at opening shift. g) Prepare bowls of bar snacks; place on tables at p.m. h) Set up candles/centerpieces; place on tables at p.m.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Greet guests and take their orders (food and beverage), utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Input orders into system and ensure transmission is verified by Bartender/Kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute orders to respective personnel for preparation of order; follow call procedures at the Bar. Retrieve orders from designated areas and serve to guest's.
- Provide club service for designated beverages (if applicable).
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Remove soiled wares from tables to dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments through the Bartender/Cashier. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend courteous salutations when guests leave outlet an invite them to return.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guests depart.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests.
- Collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Complete closing side duties: a) Properly store all reusable goods. b) Remove snack bowls from tables. c) Remove all items from tables; place clean items in designated areas; wipe clean all surfaces of tables. d) Restock supply cabinet. e) Secure all storage areas.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. 2 year(s) experience as a Server or Barback. Must have good understanding of the English language. Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards. Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service. Certification in an alcohol awareness program. Certification in CPR. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system. Previous guest/customer relations training.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
285 Room Hotel
Wind down in style at our Fisherman's Wharf hotel
Set your sights on a luxurious stay in the City by the Bay at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf. Providing easy access to many popular local attractions including Alcatraz Island and the famous Golden Gate Bridge, our upscale hotel allows you to experience the best of San Francisco in style. Plug in your personal devices to smart TVs offered in our newly renovated hotel rooms, or take care of your business obligations at ergonomic workstations. After getting a good night's sleep on our luxury bedding, head over to Red Fin Restaurant for a delicious and fresh breakfast, then return in the evening for dinner and cocktails at Red Fin Lounge. During your downtime, squeeze in a workout at our fitness center with state-of-the-art cardio equipment and free weights, then freshen up and hold a meeting in one of our 10 event rooms. Whether you're conducting business in downtown or simply exploring the city with family and friends, make lasting memories at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf.