The Housekeeping Lead/Senior directly coordinates and inspects workactivities of the Housekeeping staff in hotel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys and beepers to assigned staff.
- Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets.
- Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist.
- Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Mark dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure
- Room Attendants have changed bed sheets.
- Counsel Room Attendants on any discrepancies.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists.
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk.
- Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager.
- Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
Experience: 2 years’ experience as Room Attendant
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
160 Room Hotel
Explore Virginia Beach while staying at our oceanfront hotel
You’ll love the perfect boardwalk location of the NEWLY RENOVATED Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street. Our Virginia Beach, VA hotel is steps from the ocean, the boardwalk, and exciting events like the Neptune Festival. We’re also just minutes from the Convention Center and Oceana NAS. You can do it all at our hotel: Spend a day at the pool, with its cascading waters and swaying palms. Work out in the fitness room, or step outside for a run on the beach. Work or relax in our state-of-the-art lobby, with its inviting spaces and free Wi-Fi. Check our GoBoard for the latest news and information. Step into The Bistro for a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Eat. Drink. Connect. Or pick up a latte at our on-site Starbucks. After a full day, retreat to your balcony for the beautiful view. Planning an event? Our largest space can host up to 120. Few Virginia Beach hotels can match our attention to detail – or our oceanfront location!