Posted September 17, 2019
The Lounge Server will take orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and meals to guests courteously and efficiently according to hotel outlet specifications. He/she also will maintain in the cleanliness of outlet area and equipment.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties: a) Fold/stack cocktail napkins. b) Stock swizzle sticks, straws, matches c) Line cocktail trays. d) Stock glassware. e) Restock supply cabinet. f) Change date on credit card imprinter at opening shift. g) Prepare bowls of bar snacks; place on tables at p.m. h) Set up candles/centerpieces; place on tables at p.m.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Greet guests and take their orders (food and beverage), utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Input orders into system and ensure transmission is verified by Bartender/Kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute orders to respective personnel for preparation of order; follow call procedures at the Bar. Retrieve orders from designated areas and serve to guest's.
- Provide club service for designated beverages (if applicable).
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Answer outlet telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of tables, service areas and outlet itself.
- Remove soiled wares from tables to dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments through the Bartender/Cashier. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Extend courteous salutations when guests leave outlet an invite them to return.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guests depart.
- Clearly communicate last call at designated closing time to guests.
- Collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Complete closing side duties: a) Properly store all reusable goods. b) Remove snack bowls from tables. c) Remove all items from tables; place clean items in designated areas; wipe clean all surfaces of tables. d) Restock supply cabinet. e) Secure all storage areas.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. 2 year(s) experience as a Server or Barback. Must have good understanding of the English language. Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards. Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service. Certification in an alcohol awareness program. Certification in CPR. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system. Previous guest/customer relations training.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore & Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore
348 Room All Suite
Welcome to your home away from home near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore and Homewood Suites by Hilton – Baltimore, Harbor East
Our premium dual brand hotel offers 348 guest rooms including 165 suites, 2 dining outlets and superior amenities. Situated in the vibrant, upscale neighborhood of Harbor East, we have luxury shopping and the best Baltimore attractions right on our doorstep.
At Hilton Garden Inn we know that when you travel, you have important things to do. Whether interviewing for a new job, meeting an important customer, reconnecting with family, or taking a client out for a round of golf, having everything you need the night before is critical to being your best on your big day. And making sure you’re prepared is our main focus. When tomorrow’s a big day, stay HGI tonight.
Enjoy Baltimore’s charm and sophistication at the Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore hotel at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Ideal for long and short-term stays alike, with all - suites accommodations located in the heart of Baltimore’s most picturesque community, “Harbor East”. We are only 10 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Airport and I mile from the Baltimore Convention Center. Adjacent to the enticing neighborhood of Little Italy, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Orioles Park at Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium, the National Aquarium, Fells Point, and the countless shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor.