The Restaurant Server will take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according Hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. He/she will collect payments and assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore & Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore
348 Room All Suite
Welcome to your home away from home near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore and Homewood Suites by Hilton – Baltimore, Harbor East
Our premium dual brand hotel offers 348 guest rooms including 165 suites, 2 dining outlets and superior amenities. Situated in the vibrant, upscale neighborhood of Harbor East, we have luxury shopping and the best Baltimore attractions right on our doorstep.
At Hilton Garden Inn we know that when you travel, you have important things to do. Whether interviewing for a new job, meeting an important customer, reconnecting with family, or taking a client out for a round of golf, having everything you need the night before is critical to being your best on your big day. And making sure you’re prepared is our main focus. When tomorrow’s a big day, stay HGI tonight.
Enjoy Baltimore’s charm and sophistication at the Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore hotel at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Ideal for long and short-term stays alike, with all - suites accommodations located in the heart of Baltimore’s most picturesque community, “Harbor East”. We are only 10 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Airport and I mile from the Baltimore Convention Center. Adjacent to the enticing neighborhood of Little Italy, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Orioles Park at Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium, the National Aquarium, Fells Point, and the countless shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor.