Posted September 11, 2019
The Laundry Supervisor will assist in overseeing all activities and personnel within the laundry department. The Laundry Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all laundry activities are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Laundry Supervisor will achieve desired outcomes through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered laundry staff. The Laundry Supervisor will effectively train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to the laundry staff on a daily basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise all in house laundry operations and personnel.
- Ensure that all laundry pars are met and that laundry levels meet the hotel’s laundry needs.
- Inspect the condition of all linens and determines if the condition meets hotel’s standards. Discard linens that do not meet standards.
- Ensure that the department operates within all hotel, federal and state safety guidelines and that all employees are trained and knowledgeable of all safety requirements.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Perform or assist with cleaning and laundry duties as necessary.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Check equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Previous experience in operating commercial laundry equipment and/or hotel housekeeping is required.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience with hotel information systems required.
Certificates & Licenses:
- First aid certification is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
The Westin Washington National Harbor
195 Room Hotel
THE WESTIN WASHINGTON NATIONAL HARBOR
Leading National Harbor Hotel
Guests looking to book a premier National Harbor hotel will love staying at The Westin Washington National Harbor. Our supreme service and well-appointed accommodations combine to provide the ideal experience for every guest. Select a relaxing room or spacious suite for your ideal visit. Our ideal location is close to Washington DC and numerous area attractions, perfect for leisure and business travelers. Choose the quality of The Westin Washington National Harbor for your next trip.