Director of Housekeeping
Posted September 11, 2019
We are currently hiring for Director of Housekeeping to lead and direct their Housekeeping department. The ultimate mission of this role will be to lead the Housekeeping team to drive guest satisfaction by exceeding their expectations, as well as championing the cleanliness of the building.
Positioned as one of the Key Rooms Division Leaders, this is a phenomenal opportunity to:
- To be in a leadership role as well as in the trenches to be a hands-on deliverer of a quality product and experience – you will have a significant piece in Guest Satisfaction!
- Be a key member of the Leadership team liaising with all department heads across the hotel to include Operations, Sales, Culinary, Engineering, Front Office, etc.
A strong predictor of success for the Director of Housekeeping will be:
- Balance strategic planning with hands-on execution in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively manage the budget, capital expenditure projects and preventative maintenance
- Develop cohesion with direct reports and maximize productivity amongst the housekeeping team by providing continuous opportunities for career development
- Ensure brand training compliance for you and your staff within the first 30 days
- Develop a program to increase employee recognition within the first 60 days
- Develop and implement a successful full facility preventive maintenance program within the first 90 days
- Develop formal inspection checklist to ensure quality and consistency across all the rooms within the first 60 days
- Work with the Assistant Housekeeping Manager to implement a training plan for the new hires within the 90 days
- Review all Brand standards to ensure compliance with the brand requirements within the first 60 days
- High school diploma or GED; 5 years’ experience in the housekeeping area
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor/manager in housekeeping with a track record of team success across an organization
- Basic computer skills needed – you should be comfortable with navigating databases and spreadsheets, as well as sending and managing emails, SOP’s in electronic form, and other necessary documents
- Strong cultural fit. Passion, drive and results-orientation is essential to success at Crestline. We live our values daily.
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- Hotel Brand experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Excel, and Word primarily
- Experience with hotel information systems preferred
Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
205 Room Hotel
Stay in vibrant Harbor East close to top attractions
The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This Inner Harbor hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.™which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. This hotel near downtown Baltimore is also conveniently located near the National Aquarium, Fells Point, Little Italy, and is one and a half miles from the Baltimore Convention Center. We offer a well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. A 24-hour business center and boarding pass printing service is also available. Your stay at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!