The Housekeeping Lead/Senior directly coordinates and inspects work activities of the Housekeeping staff in hotel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys and beepers to assigned staff.
- Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets.
- Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist.
- Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Mark dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure
- Room Attendants have changed bed sheets.
- Counsel Room Attendants on any discrepancies.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists.
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk.
- Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager.
- Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
Experience: 2 years’ experience as Room Attendant preferred
Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center
139 Room Hotel
Stay at our hotel when visiting Charlottesville & UVA
You’ll love the downtown location and fresh, new look of the Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center. Our newly-renovated Charlottesville hotel is near the University of Virginia and the UVA Medical Center. We're also just minutes from John Paul Jones Arena, Monticello, and Scott Stadium, as well as the Monticello Wine Trail. Each room in our hotel features: - Free Wi-Fi - 32” flat-screen TVs - Refrigerators - Microwaves - Coffee Makers - Upscale bedding. - Suites and hospitality king rooms also offer a wet barOur hotel lobby boasts a meeting space, business library, and 52" GoBoard touch-screen TV. The Bistro offers delicious breakfasts and dinners, proudly serving beverages from Starbucks and our full bar. Eat. Drink. Connect. You can unwind in our heated indoor pool, whirlpool, and fitness room.