The PBX Operator provides prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all incoming calls and assistance for outgoing calls which transpire through PBX. This position also plays an integral part in assisting with emergencies, (fire, medical, power/system failure) by contacting the designated personnel for immediate assistance. Ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in a similar role.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) scheduled daily activities b) in-house groups c) hotel extension numbers d) beeper number/radios carried by hotel personnel e) all special requests (DND, screen calls, NRG, etc.) f) hours of operation of each outlet g) features and services provided by the hotel Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Secure headset to console and log onto system.
- Access all functions of system.
- Accommodate all telephone, beeper and page requests in a congenial manner within minutes of request.
- Respond to all incoming telephone calls within 3 rings, using proper salutation and closing Route callers to requested guest or hotel personnel/department.
- Place calls on "hold".
- Monitor busy lines; check back with caller on hold to update status and offer to take a message. Monitor unanswered lines; return to caller after rings to update status and offer to take a message.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Activate/deactivate guest room message light accordingly; distribute hotel personnel/department messages to designated location.
- Activate voice mail system for each arriving guest within minutes of check-in.
- Offer callers detailed information on voice mail system.
- Access system to print guest messages on PBX printer and contact Bell Stand for delivery.
- Accept, record and deliver wake-up calls.
- Provide callers with accurate information on hotel facilities and services.
- Accept and process all guest requests for: a) Screening calls b) Do not disturb c) Call forwarding d) Conference calls e) Non-registered guest Access system for long distance carrier's foreign language operator.
- Update in-house guest list every two hours from main menu.
- Assist callers with credit card, calling card, collect, overseas and person to person calls.
- Allocate designated surcharges, long distance and operator assisted charges to correct guest room billing.
- Monitor telephone system problems and maintain log of such.
- Document all guest complaints or problems; notify designated department/ personnel for resolving the situation; follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in emergency situations as central communication center for hotel.
- Handle all reservation calls after p.m.
- Process, record and follow-up any details relative to such.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Operator.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- No prior experience necessary.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
223 Room Resort
Beachfront hotel on Singer Island
Bask in the fresh sea breeze and white sandy beach at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort. Soak up the rays on our four-mile private beach or indulge in a variety of on-site activities. Enjoy beautiful views from the private balcony in your guest room. Our oceanfront setting provides a stunning backdrop for wedding and special events. Grab your clubs and tee off at one of the championship golf courses in the area.
Location, location, location
Our beachfront hotel is close to excellent shops, championship golf courses and popular attractions such as Gardens Mall and renowned Worth Avenue, Downtown at the Gardens, Henry Morrison Flagler Museum and Lion Country Safari.