The PM Comp Services Supervisor is responsible for planning and supervising the dining arrangements at the hotel. The PM Comp Services Supervisor assists in overseeing the food and beverage operations to provide good quality service, food and beverage presentation and guest experience.
**Must be able to work all shifts including: 2nd, 3rd, weekends, and holidays
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available to Room Service. b) The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list. c) Designated glassware and garnishes for drinks. d) All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices. e) Daily menu specials, 86'd items. f) Guest room layout, locations and room numbers/names. g) Manual system procedures. h) Daily housecount, arrivals/departures, VIPs. i) Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to Manager.
- Requisition linens/skirting required for business and assign staff to transport such to Room Service.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business. Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect table/set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with guest's order and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Ensure that all orders are delivered within designated timelines.
- Assist in taking guests' orders, following specified procedures, as necessary to ensure department standards.
- Organize, coordinate, direct staff in set-up, service and breakdown of hospitalities in accordance with departmental standards; follow up on special arrangements with respective personnel. Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with Manager and/or on-coming Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college. At least 5 years’ experience in F&B industry and at least two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity. Micros and Delphi knowledge useful. Must have good understanding of the English language. Good verbal and written communication skills. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Compute basic arithmetic.
** Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.**
Computer Skills: Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel systems such as MICROS is required.
Certificates & Licenses: Certificates/licenses in order to meet all compliance standards required.
Other Requirements: Extensive Knowledge of Food & Beverage Operations within a hotel environment, including all laws and regulations related to these operations. The capacity to create and execute innovative strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction and revenues.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.