The Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center is searching for an outgoing and energetic individual to join their culinary team as a Dishwasher / Kitchen Utility.
The Utility position will complete special cleaning projects as assigned, following Hotel specifications and standards. This position will clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing/ Kitchen/ Cafeteria/ Compactor/ Storage areas. He/she will also assist in other stewarding functions as assigned.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies. Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals.
- Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
- Advise manager of any discrepancies.
- Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
- Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
- Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas. Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
- Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
- Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean
- Adhere to recycling regulations. Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position preferred.
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to work with minimal supervison.
Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center
124 Room Conference Center
WELCOME TO THE STONEWALL
Originally opened in 1924, restored in 2005 and now reintroduced with a stylish renovation in 2018. Located in the center of Historic Downtown Staunton, we are conveniently located at the crossroads of I-81 & I-64. The Stonewall Jackson Hotel features an indoor heated pool, fitness center and a business center and showcases 8,500 square feet of meeting space with accommodations of up to 400. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, a romantic wedding locale or the perfect setting for a meeting or conference, it’s only a short drive to Staunton’s only full service hotel. Located within walking distance of a myriad of delightful galleries, fine antique stores, artisan shops, Mary Baldwin College, Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library, Frontier Culture Museum, the American Shakespeare Center and a variety of dining choices.
Nestled in Historic Downtown Staunton in the heart of the picturesque Shenandoah Valley, this 124-room hotel captures the spirit, history and charm of the old South. Originally built in 1924 and a member of Historic Hotels of America, this modern yet refined Virginia gem underwent a complete top to bottom renovation in 2005 and has been lovingly restored to it’s original grandeur. Staunton was recently named as one of the top 20 Small Towns in America by Smithsonian Magazine.
The area offers a number of wineries, the beautiful Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway and plenty of US history within driving distance. Staunton, VA is the Birthplace of Woodrow Wilson and is a scenic 45 minute drive from Thomas Jefferson’s estate Monticello and the
University of Virginia.