The Banquet Server is responsible for preparing for and serving guests during banquet functions in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation and warm hospitality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and understands the Banquet Event Order (BEO); completes setup according to the BEO.
- Sets tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Learns the menu for each function served and is able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Serves food and drinks to guests during banquet functions and ensures guest has everything they need.
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down banquet bars, coffee breaks, receptions, all other functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Follows cash and guest check procedures at all times.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, shaking and sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment and/or props, etc.
- Learns and applies all procedures of proper service.
- Assist co-workers whenever needed.
- Maintains responsible alcohol service certification.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, to patrons during banquet events.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous banquet server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
271 Room Hotel
A convenient business hotel in Norcross, GA
Stay at Hilton Atlanta Northeast and discover why locals call us the 'Castle on the Hill.' Our hotel in Peachtree Corners has a distinct style and plenty of amenities to make you feel at home. Enjoy Atlanta's mild weather in our indoor/outdoor pool, and work out on your schedule in the free fitness center. Spacious rooms, all-day dining, extensive event space, a free shuttle - we have all you need for a great stay.