The Cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts for the hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met and prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with supervisor to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties: a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies. b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. c) Check production schedule and pars. d) Establish priority items for the day. e) Inform the supervisor of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks. f) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Closing Duties: a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas. b) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away. c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas. d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves. e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations. f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize and organize; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Experience with food preparation and handling.
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship is preferred.
- One to two years of previous line cook experience in similar sized hotel/restaurant
Must be able to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to work both mornings and evenings.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
271 Room Hotel
A convenient business hotel in Norcross, GA
Stay at Hilton Atlanta Northeast and discover why locals call us the 'Castle on the Hill.' Our hotel in Peachtree Corners has a distinct style and plenty of amenities to make you feel at home. Enjoy Atlanta's mild weather in our indoor/outdoor pool, and work out on your schedule in the free fitness center. Spacious rooms, all-day dining, extensive event space, a free shuttle - we have all you need for a great stay.