The Housekeeping Inspector helps supervise and coordinate work activities of the Housekeeping staff in hotel with the assistance of the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeping Manager.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys and beepers to assigned staff.
- Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets.
- Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist.
- Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Mark dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure
- Room Attendant's have changed bed sheets.
- Counsel Room Attendants on any discrepancies.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists.
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk.
- Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager.
- Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
Education & Experience:
2 years experience as Room Attendant. High school graduate, some college. Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment. Knowledge of proper chemical handling. Must have good understanding of the English language. Good written and verbal communication skills. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Compute mathematical calculations. Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. prioritize and organize. be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. follow directions thoroughly. understand guests service needs. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. work with minimal supervision. maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. ascertai departmental training needs and provide such training. direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed. High school graduate. Supervisory experience. Previous guest relations training. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol
200 Room Hotel
Live At Your Best At Our Hotel In Washington DC
Feel at home in the vibrant NoMa neighborhood at Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol. With views of Capitol Hill, our contemporary hotel offers style and comfort for business and leisure travelers. Relax in spacious rooms with living, sleep and work spaces. Stay connected with free Wi-Fi, then hop on the Metro to explore our nation’s capital. Inviting spaces feel seamless, with the essentials to live your best life.