The Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis / O'Fallon, a leader in the hospitality industry, is offering an exciting opportunity for a guest-focused, friendly, outgoing individual to assist guests as a Restaurant Server.
The Restaurant Server will take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according Hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. He/she will collect payments and assist in the maintenance of the Restaurant area and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of the English language and previous guest/customer relations experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service preferred.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O'Fallon IL
128 Room Hotel
Feel at home at this Shiloh hotel
Overlooking a picturesque six-acre lake with an exquisite fountain, the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O'Fallon is one of the exceptional hotels in O’Fallon, IL. Located adjacent to the Regency Conference Center, this Shiloh hotel is only minutes from the St. Louis Riverfront.
With versatile meeting venues and proximity to local companies, universities, and military installations such as Scott Air Force Base, business guests will find location and service conducive to success. Take some time to explore area attractions that include Gateway Grizzlies Park, the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, and NASCAR at the Gateway Raceway. Wrap up a day of work or leisure by relaxing in our heated indoor swimming pool or whirlpool, and enjoy a hearty meal in the restaurant and bar.
With 128 spacious rooms and suites, with many added extras that make all the difference, the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon hotel is the natural choice for a hotel in St Louis.