The Hampton Inn by Hilton Fort Wayne Southwest is looking for an expereinced maintenance engineer to lead their rooms and maintenance staff as the Chief Engineer.
The ultimate mission of the Chief Engineer will be to lead the Engineering team to drive our guests’ satisfaction by exceeding their expectations. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining the building, grounds and mechanical equipment with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. In addition, the role is accountable for vendor oversight, departmental budget, and overall property preventative maintenance programs.
- Responsible for all Engineering employees including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluations
- Conducting walk-throughs and assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Ensure that all projects, routine maintenance, repairs, and replacement projects are completed in a timely fashion and according to brand standard and all applicable build codes
- Obtain and present cost effective proposals for maintaining or repairing all systems throughout the hotel
- Perform guest response and preventive maintenance work orders as necessary
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms and public space with all other departments to ensure limited guest impact
- Ensure that all Life Safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per code and any applicable brand standards
- Assessing critical situations (fire, natural disasters, major mechanical malfunctions, etc) and facilitating an immediate and appropriate response
- Maintaining effective preventative maintenance and work order programs through the utilization of electronic systems (Quore, PM Works, or brand specific programs)
- Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area at all times
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance, and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces in accordance with Safety Data Sheets
- Ensure key security program is in place and adhered to
- Ensuring property grounds are maintained
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience in the area of maintenance
- Hospitality experience is preferred
- Basic Computer skills required to include processing emails, basic spreadsheet manipulation, and database/systems navigation including familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must have knowledge of: Methods, and materials used in general building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, building and electrical units and HVAC
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a certified pool operator license
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest
118 Room Hotel
Our Ft. Wayne, IN hotel in Indiana's second-largest city
Welcome to our Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest hotel. We’re at I-69 and US Hwy 24 West (Exit 302), just 10 minutes from Fort Wayne International Airport. Our hotel is near many businesses: General Motors, Franklin Electric, Frontier, General Electric, Lutheran Hospital, Steel Dynamics, Swiss Re and Vera Bradley. From our city's stunning downtown to our abundance of world-class museums, you’ll find that seeds of great ideas have grown in the area around our hotel in Fort Wayne, IN. Spend a fun day at Fort Wayne Children's Zoo or a memorable afternoon at a Tin Caps Baseball game. Discover Science Central, Memorial Coliseum and enjoy proximity to Grand Wayne Convention Center.
Enjoy warm welcome and friendly service at our hotel in Fort Wayne, IN. Make yourself at home in a comfy guest room and unwind on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Watch TV or stay connected with free WiFi access. Start your day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast, and make sure you sample our delicious waffles. If you don’t have time to join us for breakfast, grab a healthy Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday through Friday. Catch up with work in our free business center or host a meeting in our well equipped meeting room. After a long day, rejuvenate in the free fitness center, refresh in our indoor pool or simply relax in the whirlpool.