The Front Desk Supervisor supervises the operation of the front desk to maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and guest service as possible. He/She will accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
- Responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, plus all special requests for services or information, in accordance with SOP's.
- Assists in training of new associates and maintains constant training of agents as cashiers.
- Ensures all members of the staff are completely familiar with all hotel emergency procedures.
- Works with desk agents to balance at end of shift and ensures completion of shift checklist.
- Smiles and greets all guests immediately in a gracious and professional manner; handles all guest questions and problems within empowerment guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred, with at least one year experience at the front desk required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
- Customer service experience required.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore & Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore
348 Room All Suite
Welcome to your home away from home near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore and Homewood Suites by Hilton – Baltimore, Harbor East
Our premium dual brand hotel offers 348 guest rooms including 165 suites, 2 dining outlets and superior amenities. Situated in the vibrant, upscale neighborhood of Harbor East, we have luxury shopping and the best Baltimore attractions right on our doorstep.
At Hilton Garden Inn we know that when you travel, you have important things to do. Whether interviewing for a new job, meeting an important customer, reconnecting with family, or taking a client out for a round of golf, having everything you need the night before is critical to being your best on your big day. And making sure you’re prepared is our main focus. When tomorrow’s a big day, stay HGI tonight.
Enjoy Baltimore’s charm and sophistication at the Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore hotel at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Ideal for long and short-term stays alike, with all - suites accommodations located in the heart of Baltimore’s most picturesque community, “Harbor East”. We are only 10 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Airport and I mile from the Baltimore Convention Center. Adjacent to the enticing neighborhood of Little Italy, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the Orioles Park at Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium, the National Aquarium, Fells Point, and the countless shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor.