The Housekeeping Aide cleans and maintains all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas on guest room floors, ensuring hotel's standards of cleanliness. He/she will provide linen supplies for Room Attendants and stock floor closets. He/she delivers and retrieves items requested by guests and Floor Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check assigned floor closets and complete linen requisition to replenish linen supplies.
- Stock linen carts with linen and supplies. Transport linen carts to appropriate floor closets and stock according to diagram.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Remove all dirty linen from assigned Room Attendant's carts and closets and place in laundry chute.
- Remove all dirty glassware from assigned Room Attendants' carts and closets. Transport to Stewarding. Return clean and capped glasses to floor closets in racks.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment:
- guest room floor corridors
- floor closets
- service corridors
- elevators, tracks and landings
- guest laundry room
- guest vending areas
- Wipe down all surfaces of vending machines, ice machines, laundry machines/counters/shelves.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any Room Service trays/items in guest hallways to service elevator landings.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor.
- Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Polish all brass surfaces.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas.
- Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
- Provide timely delivery of any items requested by guests. Retrieve items from guest rooms and return to proper storage areas.
- Transport guest laundry and dry cleaning to correct guest rooms.
- Handle guest requests for shoe shines as assigned; retrieve shoes from guest room, shine shoes and return to guest room.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the Supervisor.
- Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Make up cribs and rollaway beds; transport to designated rooms.
- Turn mattress and box springs according to rotation schedule.
- Stock Housekeeping department supplies.
- Assist Lobby Attendant as assigned.
Education: Some high school education preferred.
Experience: No prior experience required.
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.