The Van and Shuttle Driver will drive guests to area locations within a mile radius of the hotel.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of: a) scheduled daily activities. b) daily arrivals/departures, house count. c) features and services provided by the hotel. d) hours of operation of each outlet. e) parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Drive guests to desired location within a one mile radius of the hotel
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Inspect vehicle on a daily basis
- Report any vehicle/safety hazards;
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle accidents, breakdowns and incidents.
Education & Experience:
- Valid drivers' license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of local areas and roads.
- 3+ years experience driving vehicles.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Able to drive all types of vehicles. Compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Work in variable weather conditions.
- Ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. Prior training in guest relations. Knowledge of vehicle maintenance. Previous experience in a similar position in the Hospitality industry preferred.