The Accounting Clerk will compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes and to keep financial records complete. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered or for delivery or shipment of goods. The Accounting Clerk will also perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Issues all purchase orders while maintaining an accurate and current purchase order log.
- Process payroll bi-weekly
- Maintains all vendor files including an alpha vendor listing of 1099 information.
- Date stamps all new invoices and forwards to the appropriate department heads.
- Verifies that all invoices have been properly approved for payment.
- Verifies the food & beverage receiving log daily.
- Processes invoices into the accounts payable system on a daily basis.
- Balances accounts payable to the general ledger on a daily basis.
- Processes checks on a weekly basis and controls the accounts payable check distribution.
- Researches all vendor statements upon receipt and answer all vendor inquiries.
- Analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted.
- Prepares analysis of accounts as necessary.
- Adheres to the month end closing schedule including the preparation of the month end reports and all related general ledger reconciliations.
- Maintains copies of all invoices relating to liquor taxes, use taxes, capital expense and balance sheet accounts.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- 6 plus months of experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Microsoft Office experience required.