The Pool Attendant will clean and maintain all items and surfaces in designated areas, ensuring hotels standards of cleanliness.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Ensure security of any assigned keys, radio and beeper.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments.
- Check with Supervisor and Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris.
- Stock cleaning carts with designated supplies and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any food and beverage trays/items in public areas to service areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor.
- Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly. Replace soiled/damaged phone books.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Polish all brass surfaces. Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas.
- Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from public and employee bathroom mirrors, vanities, sinks, toilets/urinals, shower walls, shower curtains and floors.
- Replace facial and toilet tissues, paper hand towels, soaps in correct amount and location.
- Sweep front entrance daily.
- Clean public area windows.
- Clean ceiling vents in public spaces.
- Shampoo carpets. Strip and wax floors.
- Maintain clean fitness center on a daily basis.
- Sweep and rinse off the pool deck daily (if applicable).
- Remove soiled towels from pool area and return them to Laundry (if applicable).
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the Supervisor.
- Ensure security of hotel property.
- Ensure that all floor care equipment is thoroughly cleaned after use.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent.
- No prior experience required.
- Must have good understanding of the English language.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be flexible to work weekday and weekend shifts.