Crestline Hotels & Resorts LLC is one of the nations’ largest and most respected independent hospitality management companies. Founded in 2000, the company presently manages 123 hotels, resorts and conference and convention centers with nearly 18,500 rooms in 28 states and the District of Columbia. Crestline manages properties under such well-regarded brands as Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers throughout the United States.
Set to open in the fall of 2020, the Doubletree by Hilton Canton Downtown is in search of its first ever Director of Food & Beverage. A critical member of the Executive Committee, this person will have extensive experience leading hotel Banquets, Restaurants and Culinary departments. He/She will have a solid track record of working within a dynamic, full service hotel environment keeping all outlets competitive with today's Food & Beverage trends. If you are an expert at the front and heart of the house F&B, and enjoy the challenge of creating and leading a high performing team, this may be the perfect next career move for you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute innovative food and beverage strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the food and beverage team in menu planning, development and execution.
- Ensure food and beverage staff and management are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each department.
- Work closely with department managers to develop them both personally and professionally.
- Drive outlet revenues through strategic marketing, promotion and up selling efforts.
- Ensure that all complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations were investigated and resolved.
- May schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Work with Executive Chef and culinary staff to ensure portion sizes, garnishing, presentation and preparation of food exceed standards.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance.
- Record and analyze the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Monitor employee and patron activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Responsible for inventories of food, equipment, small ware, and liquor.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university/college or culinary school plus at least five (5) years of related experience; Or high school diploma or equivalent plus at least seven (7) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Computer skills required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with hotel systems such as MICROS required.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.