The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for selling, planning, and overseeing all events booked at the hotel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Selling social catering events, servicing accounts, developing and following up on leads for assigned markets.
- Negotiates and finalizes contracts and banquet event orders (BEO) by meeting with and/or
- Achieves sales goals.
- Planning and detailing each event booked Oversight of the entire function
- Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
- Prepares specialized reports, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in putting together plans and actions or originates and generates business
- Ensures that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful catering business, is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote property.
- Communicates directly with Executive Chef, Banquets, and Conference Services regarding all changes to set-up and final counts.
- Belongs to associations that influence and aid in continuing education and securing future business.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED plus two (2) to five (5) years of experience in hotel and/or conference center sales and have extensive knowledge and able to coordinate wedding ceremonies and receptions; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer
programs, i.e., Word, Excel, MICROS, property management system, etc.