This is a part-time position.
The Host/Hostess position will be responsible for greeting, seating guests who are eating at the restaurant for breakfast service. This position must be able to work with each server on duty to make sure that the rotation of tables are filled out equitably. This position requires someone who can think on their feet while at the same time maintain a professional and friendly demeanor.
Once the guest(s) are seated the host will be required to prepare the guest of what to expect and if needed help serve coffee and or beverage of their choice.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Check restaurant for proper set-up upon arrival.
- Check micro machines to make sure they are set to the proper menu.
- Fill out floor plan by checking station rotation chart. Assign sidework schedule on floor plan. Post floor plan at host stand.
- Fill out menu class form, gather specials and daily information from expeditor or food production manager. Conduct menu class.
- Seat guests following a rotation of stations, issue menus. If there is an extra seat, and no DRA, remove the extra silverware and return them to credenza.
- Record number of guests on guest flow chart per station. Next in rotation should be marked on this sheet.
- Know micro procedure if applicable.
- Check opening sidework before sending servers on break.
- Set micro machines to next shift’s menu and turn machines off.
- Be familiar with hotel facilities and their location and hours of operation or where to direct guests to find this information. Know directions to get to hotel.
- Each employee is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management that the employee is capable of performing.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Previous service experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
Certificates & Licenses
Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.