Posted January 5, 2022
Are you a Human Resource Generalist who enjoys multi-tasking and supporting a dynamic leadership team? The Westin National Harbor is growing their team and looking to invite someone who is passionate about HR. If you thrive on achieving results, enjoy creatively finding and recruiting talent, possess an employee-centric attitude all while maintaining compliance to company policies and applicable labor laws, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Compensation for this position is between $23.00 - $27.00 per hour.
The Human Resources coordinator will offer support to all aspects of Human Resources function as recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of new employees, collaborating in orientation and training classes, assist with benefit enrollment and administration, unemployment, coaching/counseling employees, and designing creative and fun all associate meetings and events. Provide support including word-processing, typing, e-mailing, filing, data-entry, faxing, copying, corresponding, answering telephones, processing mail, taking notes, and performing other general office duties.
· Complete supplies requisitions and submit to Manager, stock office supplies upon receipt.
· Retrieve and distribute departmental mail.
· Answer human resources main telephone line and greet all individuals arriving at the human resources office. Respond appropriately to all requests.
· Fulfill a variety of associate needs including but not limited to provision of name tags, direct deposit forms, benefits forms, employment verification letters, etc.
· Investigate and/or document and report to Human Resources Director any associate complaints, relating to benefits, paychecks, manager/associate relations issues, etc.
· Assist in the recruitment process of new associates by posting positions, prescreening candidates, scheduling interviews, receiving resumes, managing the completion and filing of applications, and maintaining the applicant flow log.
· Manage the pre-hire screening process: administer drug tests, background checks and reference checks.
· Process all newly hired associates, ensuring completion of all required paperwork: including I-9 documentation, tax-forms, Crestline New Hire Paperwork, AEF New-Hire Form.
· Assist new hires with name tags, uniforms and locker assignments.
· Maintain an accurate I-9 filing system, ensuring that there is a current I-9 for all associates.
· Complete data entry into HCM system related to associate personal information, payroll processing, benefits administration, and audit all input for accuracy. Compile reports from the database as needed.
· Maintain current knowledge of all Health and Welfare programs, including Health and Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Retirement Savings, Voluntary Benefits Programs.
· Effectively communicate and promote associate benefit plans; answer all associate questions or refer them to appropriate insurance carrier resources.
· Monitor Benefits System: verify all requests for qualifying events, track associate use of system during both new-hire and open enrollment periods.
· Work with HRD and external Benefits Counselors in organizing and administering annual open enrollment periods
· Complete monthly benefits bill where applicable.
· Maintain accurate files of all associate Accident Reports and ensure completion of OSHA Log 300. File Worker’s Compensation claims with insurance carrier where necessary, and coordinate property and carrier needs for effective claims management.
· Administer Crestline Hotels & Resorts Leave of Absence policies and procedures, including communication of company policies, distribution of required paperwork, provision of FMLA notification to all eligible associates, and where applicable, updating associate employment status in HCM system.
· Complete Unemployment Compensation claim forms with associate separation or layoff information.
· Process associate terminations: generate PCF, update HCM system, and terminate benefits in Benefits System.
· Maintain associate communication bulletin boards.
· Maintain associate files: create files for new associates and ensure that all paperwork pertaining to each associate is placed in the appropriate file on a timely basis.
· Issue Associate Room Rate Authorization Forms to associates eligible for discounted travel program.
· Coordinate birthday and anniversary recognition programs.
· Assist Human Resources Director with Manager/Associate of the Quarter programs as appropriate.
· Coordinate floral arrangements for associates with authorized suppliers (as appropriate).
· Arrange meeting room requirements as requested by the Human Resource Director.
· Maintain accurate trace files and communicate daily traces to Human Resource Director.
· Process requests for overnight mail and other delivery/messenger services.
· Prepare and send faxes; receive and distribute faxes to appropriate personnel.
· Make photocopies.
· Type correspondence, memos, and reports.
· Attend designated meetings, take minutes, and distribute.
· Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and distribute to Engineering. Monitor completion of work orders submitted.
· Review status of incomplete work and follow up actions with Human Resources Director.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.