The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is looking for an Audio Visual Manager to join their leadership team.
The Audio Visual Manager is responsible for the operation and setup of all audio and visual equipment and services at the conference center. He/she will direct and coordinate technical aspects from pre-production through post-production. The Audio Visual Manager is responsible for identifying any resource needs and will serve as the primary contact for all production events at the conference center.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support single room and multi-room broadcast, AV events, conferences, and meetings.
- Administer and operate data and sound equipment.
- Organize and provide direction for the production staff through team development and task delegation.
- Effectively interact with all levels of Crestline employees, clients, and guests.
- Trouble-shoot and manage last-minute requests with precision and confidence.
- Work independent of constant supervision.
- Install, configure, and operate a broad range of multimedia, AV, and video conferencing equipment including projectors, analog, and digital cameras, microphone and sound systems, video conferencing codecs, video recording, and editing systems.
- Provide AV technical support for meetings, conferences, and corporate-wide broadcasts.
- Provide local users assistance with the operation of multimedia, AV, and video conferencing equipment.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience related to the set-up, configuration, and operation of multimedia, audio-visual and videoconferencing equipment.
- Additional years of related experience are desirable.
- Background in running MAC and IBM systems, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to stand and operate equipment for 4+hours at a time.
- Must be able to consistently lift 40lbs overhead.