FULL TIME-LEAD COOK- EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON
Assists the Chefs in overseeing the supervision of the kitchen staff. Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments throughout the hotel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs kitchen duties including, setup, cleaning, and break down of kitchen.
- Assists with ensuring breakfast items are cooked to standards and out on time.
- Ensures room service orders and Club Room orders are completed and on time to Hotel standards.
- Ensures dinner buffet is prepared as planned, on time, and to Hotel standards when there is an evening buffet.
- Assist Chef & Sous chefs with training of new hires and less experienced cooks and prep cooks.
- Oversees daily/monthly ASI temperature logs. Assists chefs with monthly sanitation audits.
- Breaks down and stores all leftovers of food and equipment that are utilized during your shift.
- Dates, identifies, and labels all food for storage in walk in, reach in, freezer and dry storage.
- Complies with the “Clean as You Go” work policy and daily sanitation projects and checklists.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all work surface areas, food service areas, coolers, tables, counters, and all major appliances in the kitchen.
- Cooks orders as per ticket from server. Handles any special request of guests in a positive manner.
- Starts food items that are prepared ahead of time, makes sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
Education and Experience
- Strong Banquet food preparation skills and previous experience in upscale banquet food preparation operations.
- People skills: Needs to understand and be able to execute praising, coaching & counseling procedures in a professional and effective manner.
- A good knowledge and understanding of knife skills, sanitation and cooking methods and be able to apply them in food production.
- Prior experience in the preparation of food items, including previous line cook experience in an a la carte restaurant required.
- A good knowledge of sanitation codes concerning food storage, cross contamination, food safe and danger zones.
- A good knowledge of proper cooking methods (i.e., roasting, sautéing, frying, braising, etc.)
- Good sauce knowledge (i.e., stocks, “mother” sauces, etc.).
Must be able to
- Work either cold or hot station in an a la carte or banquet environment.
- Set up and break down a station or banquet function in a limited amount of time and work the station or banquet function to a specific standard.
- Identify food products and know which cooking method to apply.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write basic reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Food safety (Serve safe) training certification highly desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.