Posted August 2, 2022
Are you full of energy with a constant smile on your face? Do you want to work at the beach? If so, the Hyatt House Virginia Beach Oceanfront has an opportunity for you! We are currently looking for individuals to help delight our guests as a Bell Person.
Assist hotel guests with personal services. May take messages, arrange, or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
· Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
· Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
· Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
· Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
· Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
· Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
· Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
· Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
· Place guest luggage inside room.
· Identify and explain guest room features to include use of: a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls b) telephone c) television d) clock radio e) guest services directory f) mini-bar g) in room safe h) lights i) bathroom amenities j) valet/laundry services k) door lock l) ice and vending areas Offer packing/unpacking service, explain pressing and laundry service.
· Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
· Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
· Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
Service to others is one of the pillars of working in the hotel and lodging industry. Workers within the industry have the direct ability to aid, advise, and provide services to guests. In the industry, workers are able to tend to public needs and support guests and community members in a way many other careers rarely provide. The hotel and lodging industry is committed to attracting, retaining, and educating individuals for lifelong careers. They partner with community-based organizations to recruit local applicants, provide employees with professional development workshops and apprenticeships, and award $1 million in academic scholarships each year.