The Banquet Bartender will mix and serve drinks to guest in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation, and warm hospitality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect money for drinks.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve wine and bottled or draft beer.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Prepare all drink orders for guests according to specified recipes.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred.
- Experience in Bartending as Bartender or Barback.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 1 year experience as a Bartender or Barback.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Must have good understanding of the English language.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.