Grow your career at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center. The hotel has 252 beautiful newly renovated guestrooms and 21,000 square feet of meeting space. There is no better place to work, stay and play than Midtown Atlanta. It is one of the region's defining urban districts, combining great shopping and exceptional dining, no matter the season. Midtown brings you inspired performances, exceptional museums and attractions and dynamic festivals and events. All amid a vibrant, authentic and walkable urban environment, with the city's largest concentration of parks and green space. Once considered a "sleepy district," Midtown is now showing few signs of slowing down. We foster an environment that is progressive, inclusive and family oriented. If you are an individual who believes in creating a lasting impression with the guest and is willing to make every effort to encourage their return, we would love to meet with you! We offer a competitive benefits package and a rewarding incentive plan. Salary range varies, based upon experience.
The Executive Meeting Manager is responsible for discussing and coordinating all details of an event with the client and communicates this information through respective hotel department heads after the sales contract has been signed. S/he also will ensure that any catering related goals and groups with their needs are coordinated. Solicitation, selling and contracting rooms for assigned market in coordination with transient demand patterns and existing group business to maximize hotel room and related revenue. Outside and inside sales solicitation to grow new group business.
- Creates and executes strategic sales plans to identify, attract and retain appropriate business to hotel
- Outside Sales solicitation activities to grow group rooms and related revenue
- Achievement of monthly and quarterly booking goals
- Skillfully respond to incoming leads and maximize conversion from all sources
- Analyze and manage business opportunities to achieve the highest profit margins for department and hotel
- Provides administrative support for the department, including data entry and the accuracy and timely handling of signed contracts and payment information
- Creatively sells available hotel space to maximize revenue
- Negotiate and finalizes contracts within approved Crestline guidelines
- Follows-up with clients after each function to ensure satisfaction and solicit for additional business
- Ensure proper usage and that all required information is entered into sales software including all significant client communication
- Volunteers and assists other sales members as needed in the achievement of their goals to ensure departmental goals are met
- Basic knowledge of F&B operations, menus, and upselling opportunities, able to conduct site visits as necessary and to make sales/catering related calls/visits to clients on behalf of the hotel.
- Obtains rooming lists, catering selection and set-up details from clients.
- Finalizing banquet event orders and contacting customers for final counts as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that information regarding to set up and breakdown of all Sales & Catering functions are communicated via Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Communicates with appropriate departments regarding set-up changes and final counts.
- Ensures that guest rooms and meeting rooms are blocked.
- Maintains effective communication, with all necessary contacts, regarding group business, reports of conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
- Communicate accurate information on in-house groups to help hotel associates service their needs most completely.
- Understands and works closely with Banquet and F&B team to ensure guest needs are met
- Provide accurate forecasts to operational departments to ensure proper staffing
- Establishes on-sight customer contact as needed and introduces customer to the service staff
- Maintains daily contact with in-house groups.
- Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
- Remains up to date with hotel events and guests, as they affect the areas of responsibilities.
- Work with Accounting & Front Office team to ensure that billing is accurate before it is sent to clients.
- Proper procedures pre and post function to ensure payment.
- Ensures that all guest checks, payments, master folios, and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other group information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful convention business, is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel and company policies and procedures.
- Proficient use of computer, software, and technology
- Conducts oneself at all times in a professional business manner, acts as a professional representative of the hotel and an enthusiastic member of the sales team
- Position may be required to occasionally work flexible hours and weekends
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsibilities are subject to change
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or 4 Years Work Equivalent
Hotel experience in hotel conference planning/services, sales, or banquet management Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate the coordination of all departments in fulfilling the client's requests.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills