This position coordinates the operations of the Bellstand in accordance with SOP’s and with an emphasis on hospitality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains efficiency in the operation of the staff with an emphasis on a high standard of courtesy and quality of service, ensuring total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with guest’s needs, staff availability, and budgetary boundaries.
- Maintains a complete set of logs: i.e., pass on logs, guest hold valet log, a complete history of each guest problem, lost articles, descriptions, addressed, transactions, commitments, etc., that can be relayed to each shift.
- Performs all the duties of the Bell staff.
- Works with the Front Desk Manager and Sales Managers in determining the requirements for, and the follow-up on special groups or VIP’s.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Crestline and hotel policies and procedures.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the County's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One year of supervisory experience, with at least one year’s experience at the front office or bell stand
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent driving record
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- focus on guests' needs.
- prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of the designated employee.
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. At times it may be necessary to move an associate from one shift to another, if business demands. This includes, but is not limited to, changing the number of hours worked to either exceed or decrease below forty (40) hours.
FO/bell capt 0903
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.