Crestline is seeking an attorney to join its growing legal department headquartered in Fairfax, VA. In this role, you will work directly with the General Counsel on a variety of matters. The primary function of this position is to manage and oversee certain corporate and property level legal and compliance issues arising in connection with the operation of hotels under the Company’s management agreements. Specifically, this position will assist in a wide range of legal matters including:
- Providing general legal support to hotel teams and corporate departments
- Coordinating and supervise outside counsel and manage litigation, including employee/HR litigation
- Monitoring legislation, provide training to corporate/properties, and ensure legal compliance in a variety of areas, including data privacy, wage/hour & labor laws, contract compliance, etc.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and revising legal documents (ex., contracts, releases, letters, etc.)
- Anticipating, mitigating, and advising properties and corporate departments on a wide range of legal issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Hotel Operations Legal Support. Provide general legal support and assistance to hotel teams on all aspects of legal issues arising at hotels. Oversee and partner with the Paralegals regarding same, including guest issues, licensing, subpoenas, evictions, breach of contract disputes, demand letters, coordinate and oversee hotel-level litigation, review, assign and/or amend various agreements, etc.
Labor/Employment. Provide legal support to Human Resources with respect to labor and employment legal issues arising at hotels, including employee demand letters, claims, litigation, and union matters. Coordinate and confer with outside counsel as necessary. Communicate with government representatives (ex., EEOC representatives, law enforcement, etc.) as necessary. Manage employment claims submitted against Crestline and draft responses thereto as necessary. Review complaints and pleadings, perform initial case evaluation, and assign counsel. Prepare, review, and analyze settlement agreements. Partner with appropriate insurance representatives on matters implicating Crestline’s insurance policies.
Compliance & Training. Assist in developing company compliance program and related training on a variety of topics, including data privacy, HR/labor matters, risk management, etc. Assist in building and maintaining SharePoint databases, including developing training materials.
Contracts. Prepare, negotiate, analyze and/or revise various corporate and hotel-related documents (such as group sales agreements, vendor contracts, partnership agreements, management agreements, ground leases, franchise agreements, space leases, concession and license agreements, easements, subordination agreements, cash management agreements, etc.).
Corporate Department Support. Attend and participate in meetings with all corporate departments, including Operations, HR, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Sales, and IT.
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor
- Admitted to the practice of law with a minimum of 3-5 years legal experience either in a law-firm or in-house position
- Competency/Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.