The Reservations Manager ensures their team is prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information. They work closely with Sales, Front Desk, and Conference Planning to effectively assist groups with their reservations for their accommodation needs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates or changes existing reservations via telephone, fax, mail or change forms to provide excellent customer service both to the internal and external customer.
- Serves guests in a warm, hospitable and welcoming manner. Smiles!
- Checks for accuracy on the group rooms forecast vs. group control log.
- Evaluates Guaranteed No Shows (GNS) for all groups daily. Researches and processes GNS.
- Dates and delegates all rooming lists and change forms. Processes rooming lists as well.
- Trains and supervises staff on all aspects of the department and computer system.
- Thorough knowledge of group billing, package set up ( Split bill, CMP rate set up)
- Acts as a liaison between reservation, sales and conference planning departments as far as rebooking/reinstating, billing GNS, and any other group related decisions.
- Works directly with the Director of Revenue Management to monitor availability for group and transient reservations and deciding overbooking limits and restricted “hot dates”.
- Is familiar with complete cycle of a reservation from the moment the telephone rings to when the guest checks out.
- Has knowledge of advance deposits procedures, including posting and correct use of cross reference logs.
- Ensures that arrival reports are run daily to check for multiple reservations, duplicates, and errors.
- Understand how to processes credit card refunds – back-up to DORM.
- Delegates “call around” report to find out rates and availability of competitive set and follows up with competitive set by informing them of availability when competitor is sold-out.
- Ensures that all travel agent commission checks, cancellations and commission requests for individual reservations are properly qualified.
- Uses good selling techniques to up-sell special target dates when appropriate.
- Assists the front desk when needed.
- Will have to learn Maestro system.
- Knowledgeable of OTA’s and billing guidelines.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel and Crestline policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- 1 year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of Front Office procedures.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including experience with Delphi, Microsoft Windows, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Complete knowledge and operation of HIS and Delphi, plus the interfacing of the two.
- Must have reservation systems knowledge: Passkey, Salesforce, iHotelier
- Thorough knowledge of Front Office procedures.
- Must be able to:
- Follow directions and get along well with others.
- Process advance deposits and correctly post them to specific guest accounts.
- Interact with all other departments of hotel that require reservation assistance.
- Work very closely with the Front Desk and Sales Departments.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Listen well, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with others.
- Prior hotel reservations experience preferred.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.